Wednesday, August 1, 2007

What is *#$%@

"Oh NO!" I thought as I heard Charlotte ask the definition of a word.
I was sure that a word on the radio had prompted her to add the wrong vocabulary word to her collection. I did not even hear it myself.

"What is shrewd."
Thank goodness, I thought that she had asked about the word "screwed".
And why did she want to know the definition of this word.
Well, she said that in the movie "Ice Age" the sloth called the mammoth "shrewd".

Now, it was up to me to define the word and I think that I did a pretty good job.
How would YOU define that word?

2 comments:

Kira said...

smart with money?
i remember a funny blog post i once read. the woman was hard of hearing and she thought her son said "I like whores".
what he said was "I like horace". his pet frog.

Anonymous said...

Dear Mommy Blogger,

Discover the world of music with Ollie, the adorable puppy, as he turns each day into an opportunity of playful puppy fantasy and fun! Ollie shares unforgettable life lessons that every child, parent, pet-lover, and music lover could appreciate! Lovable puppy characters inspire children in engaging stories while exposing them to timeless classical music of composers like Mozart and Tchaikovsky. If you missed the premiere on HBO Family, it is available on DVD by visiting www.puppyplays.com or Amazon.com.

Puppy Plays The Classics DVD present:
- 3 additional stories staring Ollie’s puppy pals!
-Puppy care tips for presented by the Humane Society of the United States!
-Behind the scenes with the cast and crew of Puppy Plays!

Experts say that “interacting with pets, children learn to understand the feelings and needs of animals and those of fellow human beings from an early age.” Each classical lesson stimulates creative thinking and demonstrates empathy and compassion, and serves as a fun way for parent and child to bond. Don’t miss your chance to sniff out an adventure with Ollie and his friends this February!
You can also catch an upcoming show on HBO Family.